All Bike On’s Mountain Bike Coaching programs are about having fun in a low pressure, supportive and inclusive environment. We aim to develop a life long passion for the joy and excitement of mountain biking by allowing kids to have fun, ride with mates and take their riding to the next level in a progressive manner. All under the supervision of PMBIA qualified coaches.
Our Race Team program is our most advanced programs and many riders in these groups are already qualified junior coaches in their own right. These programs are focused on developing and refining high end MTB skills in challenging terrain. Race Team programs include regular “Road Trips” (transport provided) to a range of SEQ riding locations.
While there is not a specific age requirement, this program will typically appeal to riders aged 11-17 years of age but other ages are certainly welcomed where suitable. Please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
To book this program we must be aware of your child’s riding standard either from past participation in Bike On program
s or a riding assessment. Please contact us prior to booking.
This is an Advanced Program and all riders must at least be capable of:
- Comfortably descending on advanced graded (black) trails at speed and in full control; navigating for the kinds of obstacles typically found on advanced runs including high speed berms, large drops & jumps, fast rocky sections and steep sections.
- Must be capable of riding at a solid pace for 2+ hours with limited breaks including climbing for extended periods without dismounting.
Bike and Equipment Requirements
This is an Advanced Program and the bike must be of a standard that doesn’t represent an unreasonable safety risk when riding at speed over rough advanced terrain. A suitable bike will have:
- Functional high quality front suspension, rear suspension is strongly recommended
- High quality hydraulic disk brakes
- Higher end drive chains suited to high speed riding on rough terrain
- Quality pedals
- Correctly adjusted and well maintained gears
- Tires with a reasonable amount of tread
- 26″ wheels or greater
- Well maintained and regularly serviced
The following protective equipment is compulsory for this program:
- A correctly fitting high end Australian Standards approved helmet.
- MTB specific footwear
- Water AND a method of carrying it
- A spare tube that is suitable for your bike
- A full face helmet, full finger gloves and knee pads are COMPULSORY for all road trips – no exceptions
We would also strongly recommend the following protective equipment:
- Knee pads (COMPULSORY for all road trips optional for other weeks)
- Full finger gloves (COMPULSORY for all road trips optional for other weeks)
- Elbow pads
While bikes do not have to be super high end, they must be high quality and in good working order. All programs come with free bike safety checks, conducted by Bike On which also includes free basic adjustments (excludes parts and labour costs to fit). We would strongly encourage parents to take advantage of this offer.
Times/Locations – During School Term
- Saturday 9:00am-11:00am alternating between Nambour (Parklands MTB Trails) and Noosa (Wooroi MTB Trails)
- 3 Road trips to SEQ riding locations per term. Approximately 8:30am – 5:30pm. Dates and locations confirmed each ter
All Race Team participants can also enrol in up to two of our after school programs for an additional $10 per month for one or two for $20 per month. After school programs run 3:45pm – 5:15pm, location options include:
- Gympie (Victory Heights Trails) – Monday
- Noosa (Wooroi MTB Trails) – Tuesday
- Nambour (Parklands MTB Trails) – Wednesday
- Noosa (Wooroi MTB Trails) – Thursday
Changes to day/location can be made at the end of each term, or by arrangement where space in other programs are available.
Times/Locations – During School Holidays
Your subscription includes access to all school holiday programs run across Noosa, Nambour and Gympie. This will include events such as road trips, shuttle days and race training programs (some conditions apply)
You will be provided with a 100% discount code, programs must be booked and are always subject to availability
Program Subscription Inclusions & Details – Conditions and some exclusions apply
This is an ongoing subscription that provides access to programs and benefits outlined below. The subscription price will be automatically charged monthly and you can cancel at any time after the period paid for.
- Ongoing access to our Saturday Race Team Programs and a guaranteed spot term to term
- 3 road trips (transport provided) to select SEQ ride destinations
- Heavily discounted access to After School Shredders Programs (i.e add on one for just $20 per month, or two for $30)
- Free access to your choice of two school holiday ride program per week of any school holiday period. For this subscription this INCLUDES any road trips and shuttle bus days or programs but EXCLUDES programs using accommodation or 3rd party providers
- Free access for parents and guardians to any adults lessons or social rides run by Bike On on an Ad Hoc basis
- Free Bike On Jersey (one upon initial sign up) then 1 for every full year of subscription
- Free bike safety checks and discounted basic servicing such as quick adjustments at Bike On
- Free access to basic bike maintenance courses run by Bike On on an Ad Hoc basis
- Discounted access to destination ride programs, such as trips to Thredbo, Blue Derby, Maydena
- 10% off all servicing at Venture Cycles
- 10% off suspension servicing at Black Art MTB
- Access to brand ambassador opportunities with Norco Bikes & Bike On – Subject to strict conditions
Access to additional free or discounted kids programs provided as part of this subscription are for the same child only and are not transferable to other children. You will be provided with a code to book any holiday programs included as part of your subscription, programs MUST be booked and are always subject to availability.
Race participation is entirely optional. Bike On will typically have a presence of coaches and junior riders at all Queensland Rocky Trails Super Flow events, however it is entirely the responsibility of each participant to make their own way to these events and parents to provide support/supervision as they deem fit. Bike On does NOT provide direct supervision at race events.
Wet Weather & Cancellations
In the interest of transparency and to avoid disappointment we’d like to make it clear that all term programs are priced on the assumption that 7 out of 10 weeks will run, however we will run all 10 weeks of term at no additional charges if conditions allow (essentially providing up to 3 free sessions per term and some degree of flexibility for students that skip weeks for various reasons). In normal circumstances, participants will get more than the 7 weeks, in very rare circumstances they may not. In order to ensure space for your child, a booking reserves the space for each week of the term. Low weekly costs are achieved by selling spaces as a term long program and are not possible by selling weekly spots on a casual basis. As with most term or season long group sports, they are not costed to include credits, refunds or alternative classes for weeks missed for any reason.
If you envisage missing the majority of weeks, you may wish to pay the week-by-week casual fee of $75 however this is strictly subject to availability on the week in the group that is suitable for your child. No guarantee of availability of casual spots on any given week are given and availability changes over the term.
In the event of inclement weather (heavy rain, storms etc) we may look to postpone, modify or cancel the session but will attempt to deliver the majority of classes. As a result, we do ride in the rain with due consideration to safety. We will make every effort to deliver all sessions in any given period, but the program pricing assumes that events beyond our control may result in some programs not running. Bike On strictly adhere to capacity numbers for all programs and cannot typically accommodate missed or cancelled sessions by moving kids around between different programs week to week.
Make an Optional Trail Care Contribution
Bike On staff participate in significant trail maintenance, especially at Gympie and Wooroi and we also pay land mangers between $2-$3 per rider per session (however unfortunately land managers don’t often use this for trail maintenance).
If you would like to contribute to the maintenance of the trails, there will be the option to add a small, voluntary one-off or ongoing contribution to your booking that will either be donated to local bike clubs or used by Bike On to deliver trail maintenance programs. If you would like to add this to your purchase you will find it added to your cart.